Welcome to the Coleman Foundation Blog. We look forward to this space becoming a forum for sharing ideas. We welcome comments to posted items. However, we do require that all users act responsibly and abide by a few rules. With credit to the Pioneer Blog Team of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, we have adopted these guidelines to govern the responsible posting of content on this site.
All users agree to act responsibly on this site. Although we do not censor the content being posted, we reserve the right not to post, or to remove after its posting, any content which in our sole discretion we deem to violate our guidelines. Such content may be removed immediately and without prior notice, and further postings by the individual may be blocked.
Postings to this blog are subject to these rules:
Political Actity. As a private foundation, the Foundation is prohibited from supporting attempts to influcence the outcome of any election for public office or engaging in lobbying activity. Accordingly, these types of content are prohibited:
- That which expressly or implicitly endorses or opposes any candidate for public office; and
- That which encourages others to contact a government official to express support for, or opposition to, any legislation, including a specific legislative proposal that has not yet been introduced.
Additionally, hyperlinks to web site pages that contain these types of content, or which direct users to such materials, are also prohibited.
Other prohibitions. Do not post:
- Anything anonymously. Always post under your name so that dialogue can continue offline. Do not falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identify, affiliation with the Foundation, or any person or other entity;
- Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harrassing, defamatory, vulgar or sexually explicit, obsene or pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Confidential business or personal information, or content that infringes on any trademark, trade secret, copyright or other prioprietary rights of any party;
- Content that makes available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, sweepstakes, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any similar form of solicitation;
- Content that is fraudulent, false, inaccurate or misleading; or
- Content that violates any law, ordinance or regulation; that promotes illegal activities, or that is harmful to minors.
If you do not agree to the Terms stated above, please do not participate.
The views expressed on this blog do not necessarily reflect the Foundation's positions, strategies or opinions. The Foundation cannot and does not verify or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content.
Updated May 6, 2008